What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded onto your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are sent back to the original website on any subsequent visit or to another website which recognizes them. Cookies are useful because they enable a website to recognize the user’s device. Cookies can do lots of jobs. They allow you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and improve your browsing experience in general.
Types of cookies
According to different classification criteria, cookies can be classified as follows:
A. According to who sends the cookies:
- First party Cookies: Those which are sent to the user’s terminal from a device or domain managed by the editor of the website which provides the service requested by the user.
- Third party cookies: Those which are sent to the user’s terminal from a device or domain which is not managed by the editor of the website but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
B. According to the life cycle of the cookies:
- Session cookies: Temporary cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website and therefore they are not stored on the user’s hard disk. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the website. This allows for a better experience in order to improve contents and make its use easier.
- Persistent Cookies: They are stored on the hard disk and are read by the website every time the user pays a new visit. A persistent cookie has a specific expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are used to make purchase and registration services easier.
C. According to the purpose for which the cookies are used:
- Technical cookies: Those which enable the user to browse a website, platform or application and use various options or services thereon, such as control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted areas, remember the items which make up an order, make a purchase order, apply for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during the navigation, store content to broadcast videos or sound or share content through the social networks.
- Personalization cookies: Those which enable the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a number of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as language, type of browser used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: Those which enable the administrator to track and analyze the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the website, application or platform and to produce the navigation profiles of the users of those websites, applications and platforms so as to make improvements according to the analysis of how users use the service.
- Advertising Cookies: Those which enable the management of the advertising spaces which the editor may have included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency with which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural Advertising Cookies: Those which enable the management of the advertising spaces which the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information regarding the user’s behaviour which has been obtained through the continuous observation of his/her browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile so as to display advertisements according to it.
THIS WEBSITE USES THE FOLLOWING COOKIES NOT NECESSARY FOR NAVIGATION:
All these processing tasks will be governed by the statutory regulations and all your rights on data protection matters will be respected in accordance with the regulations in force.
HOW CAN I MANAGE THE COOKIES?
The user may freely decide whether to store our cookies on his/her hard disk or delete them by following the procedure established in the Help section of his/her browser. The User can also configure his/her browser to accept or reject all cookies by default or to receive a notice on the screen regarding the reception of each cookie and decide at that time whether to allow their being stored on the hard disk or not.
The following links provide all the information to enable or disable cookies in each browser:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Safari para IOS (iPhone y iPad)
- Chrome Android
- Windows Phone
If the User configures his/her browser to reject all cookies or specifically our cookies, he/she may not be able to access some services and his/her experience in our website may become less satisfactory.