WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when the User visits a website. Cookies are sent back to the original website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes them. Cookies can perform different functions such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving user navigation.
TYPES OF COOKIES
According to different classification criteria, cookies can be classified into the following types:
A) According to the issuer of cookies:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the website’s own editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the website editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
B) According to the life cycle of cookies:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the web page, so that none is recorded on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the web. This allows to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- Permanent cookies: They are stored on the hard drive and the website reads them every time the user makes a new visit. A permanent cookie has a specific expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are used to facilitate purchasing and registration services.
C) According to the purpose for which cookies are used:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which they access the service. , the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: They are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management of advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in the one that shows the ads.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management of the advertising spaces that the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing a specific profile to be developed to display advertising based on it.
TYPES OF COOKIES NOT NEEDED FOR NAVIGATION USED ON THE WEBSITE
CONFIGURATION AND DEACTIVATION OF COOKIES
The following links provide all the information to configure or disable cookies in each browser:
In addition, the User can manage the storage of cookies in their browser through tools such as the following:
- Ghostery : www.ghostery.com/
Your online choices : www.youronlinechoices.com/es/